November marks Osteoporosis Awareness Month in Canada and a great opportunity to learn more about osteoporosis and bone health. Attend an osteoporosis community education event being held at the Richmond Hill Central Library on Thursday, November 1 from 7 pm to 8:30 pm and hear from a team of osteoporosis healthcare providers. These include: a doctor specializing in osteoporosis care, pharmacist, dietitian, occupational therapist and kinesiologist from Southlake Regional Health Centre.
Topics included in this interactive education forum include:
- About osteoporosis and how it is diagnosed
- Strategies to maximize your quality of life, while living with osteoporosis
- Food ideas that can lead to stronger bones
- Osteoporosis medications facts and fiction
- Effective ways to exercise to impact your bones
Free parking is available at the Richmond Hill Central Library to event attendees and doors to the event open at 6:30 pm. Space is limited. Please register for this free event by October 26, 2018 by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling toll free 1-800-463-6842. ext. 2313 or 416-508-8209.
The event is being presented by Southlake Regional Health Centre, Osteoporosis Canada and Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy.