Here are 6 things you need to know about fractures
- A broken bone from a slip, trip or fall from standing height is called a fragility fracture.
- A fragility fracture may be the first sign that your bones are weak and thin and will break easily.
- A fracture and a broken bone are the same thing. A fracture is a break, crack, split or chip in your bone.
- One fracture greatly increases your risk of having another one
- Fractures can be devastating and may lead to: fear (of falling, of physical activity), social isolation, depression, chronic pain, disability, hospitalization & long-term care, and even death
- Healthy bones do not break from a simple event like a fall from standing height